VANADIUM Atomic number Crystal form Oxidation states Atomic weight Electrical resistivity (20°C) Electronegativity, Pauling CAS number Enthalpy of melting Specific heat (25°C) Boiling point Enthalpy of vaporization Thermal conductivity (25°C) V 3380°C Melting point Ionization potential Specific gravity (20°C) bp/mm (mp) COMPOUNDS
C20H18O5V soluble: xylene, 2-ethylhexanoic acid, 2-ethylhexylamine
HYDROLYTIC SENSITIVITY: 4 no reaction with water under neutral conditions
forms nanocrystalline V2O5 thin films by PE-CVD1.
1. D. Barreca et al, Chem. Mater., 12, 98, 2000HYDROLYTIC SENSITIVITY: 4 no reaction with water under neutral conditions
catalyst for the polymerization of olefinsforms electrically conductive VO
stereospecific oxidation of olefins in combination with t-butylhydroperoxide2,3.
catalyst for preparation of amine oxides4.
3 yields bismuth vanadate catalyst by CVD5.
1. I. Serbinov, Thin Solid Films, 27, 171, 19752. K. Sharpless, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 95, 6136, 19733. B. Rossiter et al, Tet. Lett., 4733, 19794. M. Sheng et al, F&F 2, 456; J. Org. Chem., 33, 588, 19685. D. Barreca, et al, Chem. Mater. 11, 255, 1999
soluble: toluene, ethanol, acetone, methylene chloride
reacts slowly with oxygen to form vanadium oxide bis(pentanedionate)
employed in ethylene-propylene copolymerization1.
1. Y. Ma et al, Organometallics, 18, 2273, 1999HYDROLYTIC SENSITIVITY: 7 reacts slowly with moisture/water
(215) 547-1015 FAX: (215) 547-2484 www.gelest.com bp/mm (mp)
HYDROLYTIC SENSITIVITY: 8 reacts rapidly with moisture, water, protic solvents
catalyst for the polymerization of olefins1. highly reactive intermediate for sol-gels with potential applications for humidity sensors and electrochromic display devices2. forms durable thermochromic gels w/ 10% Ge(OEt) 3
forms clear vanadia-silica aerogels able to polymerize acetylenes4. forms sol-gel derived Au dispersed electrochromic coatings5. forms xerogel cathodes for lithium polyelectrolyte cells6.
vanadia-silica sol-gels w/ controlled microporosity for catalysis prepared7. sol-gel reaction w/
α,ω-diamines followed by hydrothermal treatment yields nanotubes8. ELECTRO-
1. D. Christman, J. Polym. Sci A-1, 10(2), 471, 1972
2. J. Livage et al, Prog. in Solid State Chem., 18, 259, 1988
3. H. Hirashima et al, J. Non-Crystalline Solids, 121, 168, 19904. A. Stiegman et al, Chem. Mat., 5, 1591, 19935. K. Nagase, J. Mat. Chem., 4, 1581, 19846. J. Mat. Chem., 6, 49, 19967. M. Curran, et al, Chem. Mater. 10, 3156, 19988. M. Curran, et al, Chem. Mater. 11, 1120, 1999HYDROLYTIC SENSITIVITY: 8 reacts rapidly with moisture, water, protic solvents
hydrolysis in alcoholic medium yields transparent orange monolithic gels1.
1. C. Sanchez et al, “Better Ceramics Through Chemistry III” ed. J. Brinker, 1988, p93.
VANADIUM OXIDE TRIS(METHOXYETHOXIDE)292.20
1. J. Fell et al, Mat. Lett., 25, 157, 1995
HYDROLYTIC SENSITIVITY: 7 reacts slowly with moisture/water
VANADYL ACETYLACETONATE - see AKV900 VANADIUM IV OXIDE BIS(PENTANEDIONATE)
YTTERBIUM - see RARE EARTHS YTTRIUM - see RARE EARTHS PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT BULK QUANTITIES
mêçÖê~ã=^Çãáåáëíê~íçêëW=jçêÖ~å=jççêÉ=fff=EããççêÉ]ïïÑáKÅçãFX=mÜçåÉW=ONPJOPSJQRSS========================================pí~Åó=mçáåíÉê=EëéçáåíÉê]ïïÑáKÅçãFX=mÜçåÉW=ONPJOPSJQRTR Worldwide Facilities, Inc. – 725 Figueroa Street, Suite 1900 – Los Angeles, CA 90017 APPLICANT: 1. Full name and description of operations
FACTSHEET NHS Drug Expenditure – Top 10 When the NHS was launched in 1948 it had a budget of £437million (roughly £9billion at today’s value). In 2008/9 it received over 10 times that amount (more than £100billion). This equates to an average rise in spending over the full 60-year period of about 4% a year once inflation has been taken into account. However, in recent years investm