New Patient Registration Updated Patient Registration PATIENT INFORMATION (please print) Gender: Name (First, MI, Last): ___________________________________________ Date of Birth: _____________ SS #: ____________________ Mailing Address: _______________________________________________ City: ____________________________ Zip: _____________ Address: ____________________________________________
Pre and post treatment patient instructionsPRE- AND POST-TREATMENT PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS
In order to provide you with the best possible service we ask that you carefully review these Pre- and Post-Treatment instruc- tions for the Lumenis Light Sheer Diode treatments for laser hair removal and ask any questions necessary to help you fully understand them. If you have any questions about these instructions, please discuss them with us prior to treatment. To obtain maximum benefit from your treatments, it is crucial that you understand and adhere to these instructions. Failure to comply with these instructions may affect your treatment outcome and increase the likelihood or severity of complications. We are confident that if you follow these instructions, you will be pleased with the results of your treatments.
PRIOR TO TREATMENT:
1. Please follow all guidelines in the Laser Hair Removal consent form. Discuss your medical history (medications, allergies, Fitzpatrick skin typing and any tendency for scarring or poor healing) with your laser technician.
2. Do not use any medications that cause photosensitivity for at least 6 weeks prior to laser treatments. If you are taking a prescription medication that causes photosensitivity, please contact your prescribing physician to discuss your options.
3. Avoid sun tanning or sunless tanning products for as long as possible before laser treatments (4 to 6 weeks is recom- 4. Avoid depilatory (hair removal) creams, plucking, waxing or electrolysis for at least 6 weeks before laser treatments.
5. Do not use Accutane (or products containing isotretinoin) for at least 6 months prior to laser treatments.
6. Do not use Retin-A (or products containing tretinoin) for at least 2 weeks prior to laser treatments.
7. The treatment area must be free of any open sores, lesions, or skin infections.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOITMENT:
1. Shave the area to be treated. If the hair in the treatment area is very sparse, please let us trim the area at the time of your treatment as this allows us to better define the treatment area.
2. Gently wash the area to be treated and do not apply creams, lotions or other products to the area except a topical anesthetic 3. If you have elected to use a topical anesthetic, do so only after reviewing all cautions associated with its use. Apply and use 4. Dress so that you may modestly expose the treatment area.
5. If you choose to, you may take over the counter anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen to arrival.
6. Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment and 10 minutes early for subsequent appointments. This will allow time for necessary paperwork and keep you on schedule, please be on time for your appointments.
7. If you need to cancel or reschedule, we require that you contact us at least 48 hours in advance.
8. Please ensure that you have discussed and fully understand any payment arrangements prior to treatment.
1. You may have a mild sunburn sensation following treatment that is usually gone within a few hours. Skin redness, mild bruising and/or slight edema (swelling) are normal and may last a few days. You may take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication (such as ibuprofen) medication as desired. Avoid sun exposure. If sun exposure is unavoidable, you should use sunblock (SPF 30 or greater) for 4 to 6 weeks following your treatment. We recommend sunscreen B.KAMINS Sun Defense
2. Keep the treated area clean and dry for the next several days, gently washing twice daily. The pores will be open and you should not apply heavy creams or lotions as these may plug the pores and cause complications. Aloe Vera post lotion is
recommended in a light application to the treatment area twice a day for several days.
3. An over-the-counter ointment healing (such as Aquaphor) may also be used if blisters develop. Ice packs or cool compresses are especially useful for the first few days. Avoid heat and do not use warm compresses. The treatment area may be left open and uncovered with no bandage or special dressing needed. Loose and comfortable clothing is recommended.
4. Do not scrub or exfoliate the treatment area for 7 days. Do not use chemicals or medications (other than those referred to in these instructions) on the treated area for one week.
5. Please call us as soon as possible if you experience any blistering or scabbing. Contact us if you are concerned about infec- tion, as antibiotics may be necessary. If any pigment changes are bothersome or persist beyond 4 weeks, please discuss this
Amy’s 2011 Letter to Spring For A Cure I joined the fight against breast cancer in October 2000 when I was first diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 31. I found the lump myself and was sent for a mammogram and ultrasound. I spent my 31st birthday having a needle biopsy done…not a fun way to spend your birthday. After an incisional biopsy, I was told that I had breast cancer. I was in sh