5872 South 900 East • Suite 175 • SLC, UT 84121
Office: (801)268-EARS(3277) Fax: (801)268-3288
BALANCE TEST INSTRUCTIONS (VNG/ENG)
You are scheduled to have a test of your balance system on ____________________________________________
at ___________________. Please arrive 10 minutes early to fill out necessary paper work. The test will take
approximately 2 (two) hours. The purpose of this test is to further evaluate complaints of dizziness, poor
equilibrium, and certain hearing problems. The test attempts to distinguish the source of your problem;
one ear, both ears, the brain, or other parts of the balance system. The test is not painful. However, you
may feel dizzy for a short time after the test, so we suggest you arrange for someone to drive you home
after the testing is complete if you feel that is necessary.
In order to obtain the most valid, highest quality results from the test, and for your comfort, you are asked
to please comply with the following instructions:
1. The following types of medications interfere with the test and should be discontinued 24 hours prior to the test: a. Sedatives: Dalmane, Seconal, Nembutal, Phenobarbital b. Motion Sickness: Antivert, Dramamine, Meclizine, Bonine c. Antihistamines: Benadryl, Dimetapp, CIM Drixoral d. Tranquilizers: Valium, Traxene, Xanax e. Antidepressant Mood Elevators (24 hours prior) f. Sleeping Pills g. Diuretics 48 hours(unless being taken for heart disease or high blood pressure) Do not discontinue medicines prescribed for heart or lung problems, seizures, diabetes, or blood pressure control. Please call us if you have any questions.
2. Abstain from alcohol and caffeine for at least 12 hours before the test. Products containing caffeine
include many soft drinks, coffee, tea, cola and chocolate.
3. If medically possible, abstain from food and drink for four (4) hours before the test. If you are a diabetic, or have a similar disorder, eat a light meal and continue your regular routine.
4. You will be asked to remove glasses before testing.
5. Do not wear eye make-up, including liner and mascara. Wear comfortable clothing and flat-heeled
There are two forms behind this letter. Please complete the front and back of each form and bring them with
you to your appointment. Please bring your insurance card and identification along with your co-pay.
Our office is located at 5872 South 900 East, Suite 175, Salt Lake City, Utah 84121. If you have any
questions, or if you require additional information regarding the test, please call us at (801) 268-EARS (3277).
We will be happy to answer any of your questions. We look forward to seeing you!
Rocky Mountain Hearing & Balance Center **IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR ANY REASON, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE, AT 801-268-3277, 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE TO AVOID A $50 CANCELLATION FEE.
HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets Bowel Preparation Insstructions Two days before your procedure, fill the RX for HalfLytely Bowel Prep. If you are taking any IRON SUPPLEMENTS or ASPIRIN containing products, you will need to stop them 5-7 days prior to the procedure. ADVIL, MOTRIN, ALEVE (any ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS) you will need to stop them 2 days prior to the procedure. TYLENOL
Welcome to the Cancer Control Council’s December 2007 Newsletter We sent out a request to all those on our database for news on what was happening around the country. We have been flooded with info, updates and news. Trouble is, we are going to shift our website in the New Year and that will mean it will be more user friendly and we ultimately want it to be more interactive. So this Ne