Doctors Memorial Hospital - Radiology Department Consent for IV Iodine Administration Name: _________________________________________________Height: ____________ Weight: ______________Current Medicines_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Curriculum vitaeCURRICULUM VITAE
I. Personal data
Initials Said Mohamed
Date of birth
Place of birth
II. Academic degrees awarded
- May 1995
- June 2003
Title: Feasibility study for large scale production of inulinase from local isolate.
Key words: Aspergillus niger, factorial design, inulinase, Jerusalem artichoke, SDS-PAGE.
- June 2008 PhD of Microbiology Helwan University, Egypt
and Bradford University, UK under Channel scholarship funded from the Egyptian Ministry Title: Antibiotic resistance amongst the skin flora of dermatology patients in Egypt and the UK.
Key words: acne, antibiotic resistance, coagulase-negative staphylococci, propionibacteria.
III. Job training
Bristol Myers Squibb Egypt – Quality control – Microbiology department. July 1994
Bristol Myers Squibb Egypt – Production department. Aug. 1993 & 1994 Communal pharmacy training.
IV. Professional and academic background
Nov. 1995 – Jan. 1997 Medical Inspector
Feb. 1996 –Aug. 1997
Feb. 1997 – May 2003
July 2003 – Jan. 2006
Sept. 2003- Feb. 2004 Assistant Lecturer
Feb. 2006-Feb. 2008 PhD researcher
July 2006- Feb. 2008 Demonstrator and
June 2008- present Lecturer
Main Responsibilities of the lecturer post:
- Teaching undergraduate pharmacy students and postgraduate MSc students. - Invigilation and helping in exam board preparation. - Internal and external examiner of oral exams for undergraduates. - Member in Quality Assurance Unit in the Faculty. Oct. 2010- July 2011 Postdoc. Fellow
V. Language and computer skills
- International Toefl score: (223) in computer-based exam = (563) in paper-based exam. - ICDL (International computer driving license): awarded 2005 - SPSS (Version 14) and introduction to statistics course for postgraduate students: 2006 and 2007 in VI. Professional skills and techniques:
a. Carried out in MSc
- Isolation and identification of fungi. - Extraction and purification of proteins. - Detection of enzyme band size using SDS-PAGE. - Statistical analysis of the data using SPSS programme and use of factorial design for b- Carried out in PhD
- Isolation and identification of skin bacteria (coagulase-negative staphylococci and propionibacteria) from acne patients and controls. - Detection of antibiotic resistant isolates using MIC. - DNA extraction, PCR and agarose-gel electrophoresis for characterization of resistance genes. - Nucleotide sequencing for determination of point mutation. - Southern blotting and hybridization. - Data analysis with Microsoft Excel and statistical analysis using SPSS programme (Version c- Carried out in postdoctoral fellowship
- Pulsed field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) for microorganisms typing.
- Conjugation experiments.
- RNA, large plasmid and outer membrane protein isolation and extraction. - SDS-PAGE for characterization of outer membrane proteins - Epidemiological typing of MRSA (spa, dru and SCCmec) - Gradient plate technique for generation of isogenic mutants. VII. Publications
1- El-Mahdy, T.S.; Abdalla, S.; El-Domany, R.; Mohamed, M.S.; Ross, J.I. and Snelling, A.M.
(2010) Detection of a new erm(X)-mediated antibiotic resistance in Egyptian cutaneous propionibacteria. Anaerobe. 16:376-379. 2- El-Mahdy, T.S.; Abdalla, S.; El-Domany, R. and Snelling, A.M. (2010) Investigation of MLSB
and tetracycline resistance in coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from the skin of Egyptian acne patients and controls. J. Am. Sci. 6(11):880-888. 3- El-Mahdy, T.S.; Radwan, H.; Seddeek, M. and Amin, M.A. (2004) Comparative study between
one-factor-at-a-time and full factorial design on inulinase production by Aspergillus niger using Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus) tuber powder. N. Egypt. J. Microbiol. 7:86-116. b- Abstracts
1. El-Mahdy, T.S., Fowler, R.C., Roth, A.L. and Hanson, N.D. (2011) Identification of a Novel
VIM (VIM-28) Metallo-β-Lactamase in Pseudomonas aeruginosa Isolates from Egypt. 51st ICAAC (Interscience Conference of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy), Chicago, USA. 2. El-Mahdy, T.S., El-Ahmady, M., Khalaf, N., Klena, J. and Goering, R. (2011) Molecular
Characterization of MRSA Isolated Over a Two-Year Period in a Qatar Hospital. 51st ICAAC (Interscience Conference of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy), Chicago, USA. 3. El-Mahdy, T.S. and Hanson, N.D. (2011) Evaluation of Carbapenem Resistance Mechanisms in
Clinical Isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa from Egypt. ASM (American Society of Microbiology) regional meeting, Lincoln, USA. 4. El-Mahdy, T. S.; Fowler, R.C. and Hanson, N. D. (2011) Evaluation of mechanisms that confer
antibiotic resistance in clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa from Egypt. 42nd Annual Midwest Student Biomedical Research Forum, Omaha, USA 5. El-Mahdy, T.S.M.; Abd-Elaziz, M.M.; El-Sayed, M.H.; Ross, J.I.; Abd-Allah, S.; Radwan, H.
and Snelling, A.M. (2007) Antibiotic resistance amongst cutaneous propionibacteria from Egyptian acne patients. Clin. Microbiol. Infect. 13 (Suppl 1) p. S616. 6. El-Mahdy, T.S.M.; Abd-Elaziz, M.M.; El-Sayed, M.H.; Ross, J.I.; Abd-Allah, S.; Radwan, H.
and Snelling, A.M. (2007) Investigation of erythromycin resistant staphylococci from the skin of Egyptian acne patients. Clin. Microbiol. Infect. 13 (Suppl 1) p. S522. 7. El-Mahdy, T.S.; Ross, J.I.; Abd-Allah, S.; Domanii, R.; Radwan, H. and Snelling, A.M. (2007)
Detection of erm(X) and transposon Tn5432 in propionibacteria isolated from Egyptian acne patients and controls. 161st Society of General Microbiology (SGM), Edinburgh, UK. c. Genbank:
Acession number: JF900599
El-Mahdy,T.S., Roth,A.L., Fowler,R.C. and Hanson,N.D. Identification of a novel VIM (VIM-28)
metallo-beta-lactamase in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from Egypt. VIII. Grants, memberships and awards
- Channel Scholarship for PhD fulfillment between Helwan University, Egypt and Bradford University, UK funded from the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education. - Society of General Microbiology (SGM) travel grant for poster presentation in the 161st meeting, - Member of ESCMID (European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases), - Member of SGM (Society of General Microbiology), UK, 2007. - Fulbright alumni and postdoc fellow for 9 months to Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, - Professional reviewer and interviewer for Fulbright Commission in Egypt. - ASM (American Society of Microbiology)-Missouri Valley branch member. IX. Conferences
- 17th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease (ECCMID), Munich,
Germany, April 2007, [Poster presentation]. - Society of General Microbiology (SGM), 161st meeting, Edinburgh, Scotland, Sept. 2007, [Poster
- 42nd Annual Midwest Student Biomedical Research Forum, USA, Feb. 2011, [Oral presentation]. - ASM (American Society of Microbiology) Annual Meeting of Missouri Valley Branch, USA, - Fulbright Visiting Scholar Enrichment Regional Seminar, Vermont, USA, April 2011. - 51st ICAAC (Interscience Conference of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy), Chicago, USA. Two abstracts, one as oral presentation and the other is poster presentation.
X. Training and workshops
1. Workshop on Legionella and Water Analysis: University Of Suez-Canal, Egypt, May 2005.
2. Information session for Laboratory Health and Safety: University of Bradford, UK, March 2006 3. Training course on Endonote Software for Bibliography Writing: University of Bradford, UK, 4. Training course on Introduction to Statistics: University of Bradford, UK, March 2007 5. Workshop on Academic Writing: University of Bradford, UK, October, 2007. 6. Workshop on Credit Hours System: University of Helwan, Egypt, March 2009. 7. Workshop on Strategic Planning: University of Helwan, Egypt, Sep. 2009. 8. Workshop on National Academic Reference Standards (NARS): University of Helwan, Egypt, 9. Workshop on Self Institutional Evaluation: University of Helwan, Egypt, Feb. 2010. 10. Workshop on External Reviewer of Higher education Institutions: University of Helwan, Egypt, 11. Workshop of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (AAC), Creighton University, USA, June XI. References
1. Prof. Richard Goering, Head of Medical Microbiology & Immunology Dept., School of
2. Prof. Salah Abdalla, Faculty of Pharmacy, Suez-Canal University, Egypt.
3. Prof. Hesham Radwan, King Saud University, Ryhiad, Saudi Arabia.
4. Prof. Abd El Gawad Hashem, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt.
XII. Contact details
Ain Helwan campus, Cairo, Egypt, Post code: 11795
GUÍAS DE DIAGNÓSTICO Y TRATAMIENTO SERVICIO DE DERMATOLOGÍA 9.- VERRUGAS VÍRICAS Y ANOGENITALES . 9.1. Introducción: Las verrugas virales son neoformaciones epiteliales benignas que pueden afectar a cualquier persona, tanto niños como adultos. Constituye una de las 5 entidades más frecuentes en la consulta dermatológica. Se producen por infección por virus del papiloma hu