MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET ZODIAC® GROOMERS’ SPOT ON PACK
Manufacturer: Wellmark International Address: 1501 E. Woodfield Rd., Suite 200-West, Schaumburg, IL 60173 Emergency Phone: 1-800-950-4783 Transportation Emergency Phone: CHEMTREC: 1-800-424-9300
1. CHEMICAL PRODUCT INFORMATION Product Name: Zodiac® Groomers’ Spot On Pack Chemical Name/Synonym: (S)-Methoprene: Isopropyl (2E,4E,7S)-11-methoxy-3,7,11-trimethyl-2,4- Chemical Family: Terpenoid Formula: C19 H34 03 EPA Registration No.: 2724-497 RF Number: 9908
2. COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS Component (chemical, common name) Tolerance (S)-Methoprene: Isopropyl (2E,4E,7S)-11-methoxy-3,7,11-trimethyl-
Inert ingredients (non hazardous and/or trade secret)
3. HAZARD INFORMATION PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENT CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN Hazards to Humans: Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. SYMPTOMS OF OVER EXPOSURE Acute dermal or oral exposure may cause CNS effects such as headache and nausea. PRIMARY ROUTE OF ENTRY Dermal/Eye: Y Yes Oral: Yes Inhalation: ACUTE TOXICITY
LD50 Combined >5.0 g/kg - Tox Category IV
OTHER TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION Skin Irritation: May cause minor skin irritation Eye Irritation: May cause minor eye irritation Sensitizer: Not a Contact Sensitizer 4. FIRST AID MEASURES Eye: Hold eyes open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes.
Skin: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for
15 –20 minutes. Call poison control center or Dr. for treatment advice.
Ingestion: Call physician. Do not induce vomiting or give anything by mouth if person is Inhalation: Remove individual to fresh air. If breathing does not return to normal within
a few minutes, get medical attention immediately. If breathing is difficult,
Note to Physician: N/A Information: Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control
center or doctor or going for treatment . May also contact 1-800-950-4783 or a poison control center for treatment advice.
5. FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES Rating: Health: 2 Reactivity: 0 Flammability Class: Combustible Flash Point: 131°F Explosive Limits (% of Volume): Unknown Extinguishing Media: Water, CO2 dry chemicals, foam Special Protective Equipment: Firefighters should wear full protective clothing including self-contained Fire Fighting Procedures: Normal procedures. Do not allow fire fighting water to escape into water-ways Combustion Products: Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide Unusual Fire/Explosion Hazards: Large Quantities: Vapors may travel along the ground or be moved by
Ventilation and ignited by heat, pilot lights, other flames and ignition sources at locations distant from material handling point. Never use welding or cutting torch near product. Product may ignite easily.
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES Steps to be taken: Do not allow spill to enter water ways inhabited by aquatic organisms. Soak up
with absorbent material and place in a suitable container for disposal.
Absorbents: Clay granules, dirt, or equivalent. Incompatibles: Strong oxidizing agents. 7. HANDLING AND STORAGE Handling:
Avoid eye contact. Wash hands after handling.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage. Store in a dry, cool place 8. EXPOSURE CONTROL / PERSONAL MEASURES Exposure Limits: Not Established Ventilation: General ventilation is sufficient. Personal Protective Equipment: Not needed if product is used according to label. If prolonged exposure is
anticipated, wear impervious gloves and safety glasses or goggles.
9. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES Appearance and Odor: Light amber liquid Boiling Point: 392F Melting Point: N/A Vapor Pressure (mm Hg): N/A Vapor Density (Air = 1): ›1 Specific Gravity: 1.03 Bulk Density: 8.612 pounds/gallon Solubility: Insoluble Evaporation Rate: N/A 10. STABILITY AND REACTivITY Stability: Stable Reactivity: Not determined Incompatibility w/ Other Avoid contact with strong oxidizing agents Materials: Decomposition Products: Not determined Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur 11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION CHRONIC TOXICITY[Based on (RS)-Methoprene Technical] Methoprene is not considered a carcinogenic compound. Permethrin is not considered a carcinogenic compound. DEVELOPMENTAL/REPRODUCTIVE TOXICITY [Based on (RS)-Methoprene Technical ] Methoprene is not a teratogenic compound. Permethrin is not a teratogenic compound. MUTAGENICITY [Based on (S)-Methoprene Technical] Methoprene is not a mutagenic compound. Permethrin is not a mutagenic compound. 12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION ENVIRONMENTAL FATE (RS) Methoprene Technical Permethrin Hydrolysis: T1/2 > 4 weeks ~ 20 days Photolysis: T1/2 < 10 hours ~ 10 hours Soil half life: ∼ 10 days ~ 4 Weeks Water solubility: < 2 ppm ~ 0.04 ppm ECOTOXICITY Acute Toxicity:This product is toxic to fish. (S) Methoprene Technical: LC50 (trout): 760ppb, (Bluegill): >370ppb; aquatic invertebrates: LC50 (Daphnia): 360 ppb Permethrin Technical: 1.4 to 7.9 mg/1L (trout)
13. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS Disposal: If Empty: Do not reuse empty applicator. Place in trash and offer for recycling if available. If Partly Filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions.
Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
14. TRANSPORT INFORMATION DOT49CFR Description: Not regulated via highway and rail. Freight Classification: Animal Insecticides N.O.I. O/T Poison. 15. REGULATORY INFORMATION CERCLA (Superfund): Not Listed RCRA: Not Regulated SARA 311/312 HAZARD CATEGORIES Sara Title, Section313:
Cas number: 52645-53-1 Ingredient Name: Permethrin Percent by weight: Min: 2.375% Max: 2.625%
Immediate Health: Yes (irritant) Delayed Health: No Sudden Pressure: No Reactivity: No The information presented herein, while not guaranteed, was prepared by technically knowledgeable personnel and to the best of our knowledge is true and accurate. It is not intended to be all inclusive and the manner and conditions of use and handling may involve other or additional considerations.
Avdeling for helsefag i Namsos Fag/enhet: Eksamenskode: Galenisk Farmasi II Dag og dato: Tirsdag, 04.12.2007 Tid (fra – til): kl 09.00-15.00 Eksamen Galenisk Farmasi 2 Oppgave 1 Fentanyl er et sterkt opioidanalgetikum som brukes mot veldig sterke smerter og i sammenheng med kirurgiske inngrep. I Norge finnes tre legemiddelformer, bl.a. en sugetablettformuler
UNITED STATES ATTORNEY’S OFFICE MANHATTAN U.S. ATTORNEY AND FBI ASSISTANT DIRECTOR-IN-CHARGE ANNOUNCE 24 ARRESTS IN EIGHT COUNTRIES AS PART OF INTERNATIONAL CYBER CRIME TAKEDOWN Two-Year FBI Undercover “Carding” Operation Protected Over 400,000 Potential Cyber Crime Victims and Prevented Over $205 Million in Losses Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the S